06 November 2009

Ok, lets get this started...

I'm planning on doing a nice low tech blog. Basically, I'll take pictures of my adventures on my iPhone, up them and add a little commentary while I'm at it. I'm not much for journalling, if that's a word, and hopefully I'll be able to spice up my posts in the future.

Here's the deal.

I am a pretty busy guy. I am a teacher, I am the school's Athletic Director, I have some pretty serious responsibilities at church and I have a lovely wife and baby to try to spend time with. I was always giving up my own time for others and in the process, beginning to become depressed. My wife saw this and said that I had to do something about it.

I used to dirt bike a lot when I was a kid. I used to mountain bike 'till I broke my elbow. I used to have fun... My wife bullied me into buying a bike so I could commute with it, and take it out in the dirt before I came home every night. So far, it's working. I love it. I have been reading forums and such about Adventure bike riding and would kill to go on a 3 month journey with just me and my bike. I loved how they update the forums with cool pictures of interesting places.

Well, it's my turn now. I'll try to up some interesting pictures, and perhaps even some video. Maybe my commentary will become better, as it is merely perfunctory at this point. Maybe, I'll leave a nice historical reference for my kid one day... Who knows what this is to become? Perhaps it will just be a place for me to vent...

No comments: