12 May 2010

Motorbike jones


I got a motorbike jones. The weather is finally starting to get lovely. I rejetted my carb earlier this week and the power increase is substantial. I have to be careful not to wheelie now. I still have to tweak it a bit since I have a slight midrange bog. I figure it's just a little rich. I'l dial back the fuel screw a little and see if it helps. 

I've been desperately waiting for the local offroad area to open so I can go do some trail riding, but alas, the snow has the area all sealed up. The local offroad club has a guided rides program that I really want to participate in, but the weather has not been co-operating. Instead of going to the area, they are going to the local MX track. As noted in previous posts, I am too chicken to do big jumps, so I will be waiting until they schedule another which is two weeks away!

In the mean time, I have bought a new engine for my Baja Bug. It should be here by the end of next week, so I have to strip the old one so I can get a core deposit back on it. Doesn't look like I'll be riding much in the next two weeks. Here's a pic of my bug.

No comments: